Warranty, Refund & Return Policies
Standard 1 Year Warranty
In line with Australian regulatory requirements, all LTC Lighting products are covered with 1 year warranty.
LTC Warranty commences on the date of purchase of the Goods and continues for the benefit of the Owner until the expiry of Warranty Period according to the type of the relevant goods:
For all luminaire products the expiry of one (1) year after the date of purchase, unless specifically mentioned otherwise in any relevant documents
If within the Warranty Period a manufacturing defect is discovered in the Goods or the Goods fail to perform to the Company’s specifications as a result of some defect in material or workmanship then the Company will, at its option, repair the Goods, or supply replacement Goods free of charge, or issue a credit note for the Goods.
3 Year Warranty
The following LTC products come under the 3 year warranty:
- LTC Hi-LED 100W to 500W
- Hi-Giene ALDO
- Linear LED-EC
- Luce Solar
- Pino Hi-Bay
- Stealth Flood
- Tube Led
Emergency packs, sensor or any other controls system etc. supplied or attached to above mentioned Hi-Giene products are not covered under three year warranty period. However, subjected to the warranty period provided by the respective manufacturer or supplier of those products.
5 Year Warranty
The following LTC products come under the 5 year warranty:
- LTC Hi-Giene Square and Round (recess, surface and pendant mounted versions)
Emergency packs, sensor or any other controls system etc. supplied or attached to above mentioned Hi-Giene products are not covered under five year warranty period. However, subjected to the warranty period provided by the respective manufacturer or supplier of those products.
LTC warranty does not cover:
- Products that are subjected to misuse, neglect, negligence or accidental damage or use contrary to any written installation or maintenance guides issued by LTC or available on LTC’s website
- Installed by any person other than a qualified tradesperson
- Products that are subjected to (momentarily or continuously) abnormal physical stress, abnormal environmental conditions, exposure to foreign materials, exposure to chemical attack, exposure to excessive humidity, vibration, impact, extreme temperature, subject to electrical line noise, electric surge, voltage outside range etc.
- Products that are reconstructed, repaired or altered by persons other than LTC or an authorized representative;
- Any third-party manufactured products attached to the Product, inserted in the Product or added to the Product network such as sensors, detectors, batteries or communication devices (such products are covered by the applicable manufacturer warranty).
- Any security breach or hacking of the Product or lighting system through manual, wired / wireless intrusion etc.
The LTC Warranty does not apply to faulty or defective design of Goods unless the Company has designed the Goods and the Company expressly accepts responsibility for such design in writing.
The Australian Consumer Law requires the inclusion of the following statement with the LTC Warranty in any Consumer Contract:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Should any of our products not perform to your satisfaction or to specification please contact us.
Product Return Policy
All LTC products have a Label stating Date of manufacture, Part Number and Serial Number (when applied to certain products) which must be supplied to LTC including proof of purchase and the site installation address and customer details. A brief summary of the problem being experienced and some photographic evidence is also required for LTC to register a warranty claim. In order to make a warranty claim, you must notify Seller in writing within thirty (30) days after your discovery of the defect, provide proof of purchase such as the invoice and comply with Seller’s other warranty requirements.
Upon receiving written notice from the Seller and a Goods Return Authority, Seller may require you to promptly return the Product to Seller, or its authorized service provider, freight prepaid. Your warranty claim should be addressed to Lighting Technology & Control Pty Ltd, corner or Norfolk Road and Wentworth Street Greenacre, NSW; 2190.
NOTE: Failure to supply this information will result in the delay of handling the warranty process.
If it is found that LTC products are not faulty, then the Buyer shall bear all costs associated with the return and re-supply of the product(s).
For all warranty claims the Buyer must send a written request to: Lighting Technology & Control Pty LTD.
The Products cannot be returned to LTC without written approved Goods Return Authority from the Seller LTC.
The Seller may vary or replace warranty conditions issued in respect of particular products.